Wednesday 3 February 2021

03/02/21 (2) Dex, cycles, fingers, time

I collected my next monthly package of meds from Springfield at 13:00 and didn't get to take my first 10mg of dex until after lunch at about 14:30 instead of the usual after breakfast (which is late, but not that late). Not sure what the effect on tonight's sleep will be.

Constipation has improved since I started the beta-blocker - to the point where I decided to forego the nightly Senna tonight. Only the second time I've done that, I think, since I started on it over a year ago. Now back on Lenalidomide again for the next three weeks before the week off at the end of the cycle - and speaking of that I'm just starting Cycle 10 of this consolidation/maintenance treatment with Dex and Len. So I've been on it for forty weeks now.

The finger splits have been better today - not healed yet but on the way. The  warmer weather may have something to do with it. I walked up to Peppers Green Lane and back, with gloves but without feeling the usual chill on the ends of my fingers. All the gloves I use for these walks claim to be well-insulated, but all I can say is not well enough. OTOH I don't like thick gloves so there has to be some sort of a compromise.

I've decided against doing the second Patient & Carer Panel thing - it's a rather wooly and airy-fairy study about how starting new hobbies affects time perception and therefore makes the bad aspects of myeloma more tolerable. Panel members are free to decide which requests to accept and which to ignore, and I don't think this one's for me:

"a research project and associated campaign to support people living with multiple myeloma to enjoy new experiences, such as learning a new skill or trying out a new hobby. They are also developing a new app called the Time Keeper that will share the activities and hobbies of myeloma patients and examine how their perception of time has changed in response to these activities; has it passed more slowly or quickly. The idea is that by supporting people to undertake activities they enjoy, their myeloma journey may be less challenging."

 No snarks tonight, except perhaps in my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...