Saturday 27 February 2021

27/02/21 Harlow, paperwork

Change of plan yesterday morning to take advantage of good weather. We went to Harlow Town Park, which is nothing like as depressing as it probably sounds, and had a decent walk and a couple of coffees. It's quite hilly by our standards, which helped to lift my Activity Level up although the length was't all that high.


















In the afternoon I fitted the new Watchman to the oil tank, copied all the settings across from the old one, and everything worked first time. My lucky day - the usual rule is that the jobs that should be simple turn out to be the most complicated and cost far more to fix than you expected. Not this time!

As for myeloma, nothing new to report. I keep taking the tablets, and the dreaded constipation issue is under better control than usual on just the one nightly senna. Things improved when I started the propranolol beta blocker for the tremors, but now I've been off that for a while the effect seems to have lasted.

Just one problem - two more finger splits have arrived. And still nothing from the anonymous oral surgeon, still nothing about the DaT scan although I emailed Dr.Z's secretary back on the 22nd. I got the usual "out of the office" automatic reply. Will try again after the weekend.

A lot of coping with myeloma - at my stage at least - is dealing with the organisation and the paperwork. Of course I bring some of that on myself that I could avoid, but I want to put something back for the benefit of all myeloma patients if I can. On the other hand it's easy to see how this paperwork load could become impossible as the disease progresses.

Some interesting material is starting to come about COVID vaccinations for the immune-compromised, including blood cancer patients. Broadly positive, and the suppressing effect on transmission (symptomatic and asymptomatic) works. We may not get a full immune system response, but whatever you can get is good and there are no known downsides. I'm still waiting for my second shot of Pfizer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...