Wednesday 17 February 2021

17/02/21 Bakehouse

Rain again, but we went to The Bakehouse next to the Fox & Goose "gastropub" which is of course closed during the current lockdown. The rain stopped for long enough to allow a short walk along Wyses Road off the A414  between Ongar and Chelmsford. Sue did the tedious business of queuing to get coffee and lunch (bacon and egg florentine muffins) while of course I had to wait in the car.

Back at home, another long questionnaire to complete from RUDY (Rare Diseases) about impact of COVID-19 restrictions on quality of life with myeloma, plus both a phone call and an email from AXA confirming next year's cover for Lenalidomide and Dex.

Inside The Bakehouse. Not that I've been inside for over a year...
















Tomorrow 11:30 I have to go into Chelmsford Specsavers for their expert to figure out Bluetooth pairing both of my hearing aids with my Samsung S21 Ultra. Should be able to get disabled parking only a short walk away.

I can get one hearing aid to pair but not both, which leaves rather a lot of the functionality impaired. The left one also has some strange charging behaviour - not sure if it's a battery coming to the end of its life or a malfunctioning charger. Will take that in with me in the hope that he can do something about it. That qualifies as "medical" to justify going into Chelmsford.

Incidentally my hearing expert is the improbably named Mohammed Ali,  just as my NHS neurologist is Ravi Shankar Desari. And yes, he was named for the great sitarist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...