Wednesday 24 February 2021

24/02/21 (2) Tyres, Watchman

Did the nature reserve walk at Moreton this morning, and got there just as the sun broke out and a very light rain stopped. Before leaving with Victor the off-road walker I thought I'd just check on the tyre that may still have a very slow leak, and discovered that my cordless inflator appears to have suffered battery death. Spare batteries are out of stock everywhere, and as the supplier is in China I don't fancy my chances with the guarantee. Not worth the hassle. 

Don't buy one of these!











I've ordered a different replacement. But before I got to that I had to re-inflate the tyre, now down a bit because of air escaping while connecting and disconnecting from the valve. There's only a very tight space for that. I switched to the inflator I keep in the car, which needs a 12V cigarette lighter socket. That has a screw-on adapter, and getting it on made a bit of a mess of my nicely healing finger and thumb ends. Not nicely healing any more... I hate dex. Everybody hates dex!

Another complication - the Watchman gadget that monitors the oil level in the tank has been misbehaving. I got a couple of new batteries (big lithium coin cells) and removed / dismantled the sensor unit from the top of the oil tank. It had far too much water in it (and a sodden silica gel pack), and the spring clip that holds the battery in place had broken, so replacement impossible. I've got another one coming tomorrow. Amazon must love me! I don't need a new receiver unit, but can't buy the sender by itself. And I have two lithium button cells I have no use for. Just life going on as normal, I suppose, completely ignoring the myeloma.












It's been that kind of day all along. And it's a dex night tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...