Thursday 25 February 2021

25/02/21 Webinar and Patient Registry

Signed up for a webinar (awful word, should be banned) on 3rd March from the ZOE COVID symptom study (I report my symptoms, or lack of them, to Zoe every day,  or when I remember). This one is "COVID vaccines and the Immune System" with obvious implications for cancer patients with some degree of immune compromise. Which includes everyone with myeloma.

Went to Admiral's Park for my walk today and got a good one in, out to the sports Club and back (not the usual direction).

Just had another invitation through Myeloma UK:

We are looking for 3 patients to join a Steering Group for a project we are funding. Many of you may be familiar with the idea of a Patient Registry and I’m aware that some of you may have attended a patient workshop on the Registry during 2019.

 

This project has now come to fruition and based on a changing data landscape and the opportunities and challenges brought by COVID-19, Myeloma UK is investing in the Establishment of an NIHR-Health Informatics Collaborative for Myeloma. Please have a read of the below and if you think this is for you, please get in touch. Myeloma UK is funding a portion of this and the expectation is that it will be longer term commitment for patients, but the Steering Group understand that patients may give a year or so, but there is no obligation to commit indefinitely. 

I don't think I'm going to fit the profile for this - for a start, small private hospital, not many myeloma patients compared with the big NHS places, but I've sent off an application anyway. Shan't be disappointed if it's refused!

New Watchman (oil tank level monitor) arrived very late from Amazon. I think that's tomorrow morning organised for me. Normal life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...