Saturday 6 February 2021

06/02/21 More rain again. Snow expected tomorrow

Rain. Rain again. Heavy, continuous, stair-rods of it. I don't think we'll be going anywhere today. The floods will be re-flooding, and there's thick snow expected tomorrow. Fortunately I have plenty to do in the kitchen today - as long as the power stays on...

Afternoon Update: The rain did stop eventually but I was too busy in the kitchen to take advantage. Made slow-cooked pork, leek, cider and sage hot-pot, and because Tesco gifted us with a kilo of carrots we never ordered and four of the biggest leeks imaginable, made improvised cream of carrot, leek, and tomato soup in the Thermomix as well. That's tonight's dinner (plus more for the freezer) and tomorrow's lunch sorted. Sometimes cooking helps me keep a grip on sanity in this crazy world.

Now raining again. Of course. Snow expected in the early hours of the morning. No walk today, but my Oura Ring health monitor tells me I've already hit my activity target for the day (409/400). Should be well over 500 by the end of the day.

Next Morning Update: Snow? Did somebody mention snow? As in Essex being under four inches of it this morning? Not a flake so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...