Tuesday 16 February 2021

16/02/21 Spring?

A big change in the weather - at 01:00 it's 9C outside - and yesterday was a bright sunny spring-like day with some real warmth and freshness in it once the rain stopped in the morning. Very uplifting for the spirits, which to be frank I needed after a couple of difficult days at home when the cold and everything else has been getting to both of us a bit. I know the combination of the lockdown and all the rest is going to need huge reserves of patience and tolerance on all sides, but it's easier to write that than it is to live through it.  And I also know that the effects of the drugs I'm on don't necessarily make me any easier to live with...

Despite all that I spent most of the day at home, reading up on early myeloma diagnosis and then playing the usual weekday online backgammon. Not a good day for me, with the dice giving my opponent double after double and me nothing useful. Lost the day 3-1. Between those I fitted in a walk to Pepper's Green Lane which helped get my Activity Level up to (and over) the mark, but I had trouble getting a decent pace up or keeping it going for more than a dozen yards or so. I need to build up a bit after being housebound during the recent freeze.

One good thing - the sheepskin-lined gloves kept my fingers warm enough.

One bad thing - the plastic bit that locks the lid of my Adteq pill boxes broke a day or two ago, so I had to order a new one from Amazon. That's the second identical failure. I suppose one new one a year at GBP 8 or so isn't too bad. Now wondering whether to get another one in as a spare, just in case.

Pepper's Green Lane in a very early spring:










There's been a moth in my study this evening. A very small one, but definitely a moth. Either a very late one from autumn 2020, or a very early 2021 one. Last year I didn't see a single moth, neither inside nor out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...