Sunday 21 February 2021

21/02/21 Thorndon South

I started yesterday morning with the firm feeling that we both needed to get out somewhere different for a change and a bit of a re-set of increasing cabin fever. Oaklands Park and Admiral's Park etc. are all very well and we like them both, but sometimes enough is enough. We decided on Thorndon Park South, the other side of Brentwood. That's pushing the "guidelines" for travel to exercise rather a long way but I thought the mental health argument was strong enough.

The car park was more packed than I've ever seen it, although there were a few disabled spaces right at the end. Much warmer again (15 or 16C), sunshine, and a strong wind so we diverted onto a path through the woods rather than staying on the open hillside of the park. We had a good long walk to the lake "Old Hall Pond" and then on in the wrong direction until we realised and backtracked towards the cafe (closed). Both felt a lot better for it, and I had the usual collapse for a couple of hours after we got home. That, of course, is a result of either the myeloma or the Len/Dex drug regime.  And me being me, of course, I get to midnight and start waking up and feeling like a normal human being again...

Activity level for the day, BTW: 628/400.

It was a good expedition and did us both a world of good getting away from routine. Here's the lake:



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...