Tuesday 2 February 2021

01/02/21 Bloods, phones, fingers

Had my phone call with Dr.Ch not long after 09:00 - only a short one as we didn't have much myeloma to discuss so it was more about beta blockers and COVID vaccines. I wouldn't mind if I got paid as much as he does for the pleasure... Then breakfast and off to Springfield for them to take more bloods and do the monthly COVID swabs (for some reason we missed those last month). Stopped of at the GP surgery to collect a prescription and drop off my letter to Dr.Ku about propranolol, then spent most of the rest of the day with the problems of getting my old mobile number ported across to the new phone. Success finally achieved, although I'm still far from sure that my accounts with O2 (new provider) and Samsung are as they should be. I seem to have at least two of each, with the critical information spread around and each one wanting a different password every time. But that's a job for another day because most things on the phone now seem to be working.

The skin-thinning effects of dex are haunting me again. I thought I'd got on top of the finger splits but they're back in full force (and making typing difficult). More - much more - hand cream and cotton gloves overnight for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...