Saturday 13 February 2021

13/02/21 Butter, egg, biscuits

01:24 and Alexa says minus 4C outside, and set to stay below zero all day. Too cold for my dex-affected fingers. Luckily I have lots to do in the kitchen - make both spreadable and hard butter, clean the cat drinking fountain, and make a batch of slightly different from usual signature Cheesy Parmesan Biscuits. As well as lunch and dinner. Today we had a couple of our neighbour's eggs from her chickens poached in the proper way and on toast for lunch. Small, but delicious!












(That's a stock image, not one of mine!)

Sunday should see a return to better temperatures, so a good chance of getting out to test the new sheepskin-lined gloves. I need to get out - the combination of the weather and my finger splits has kept me inside for too long. Cabin fever is approaching, and that won't help the last online backgammon session of the week, postponed from yesterday evening to later this morning.

The second Test Match with India starts at 04:00 UK time. I've set my alarms to see the toss and the first few overs.

Myeloma? Forget it. This weekend is going to be devoted to normal life, as far as I can manage it. Valentine's Day is the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...