Wednesday 10 February 2021

10/02/21 Advocacy Partner Panel, bike machine, wearable tech

Woke up with both hands swollen a bit - the rings felt too tight and skin redder than usual. I take that as an indicator of what's left of my immune system trying to deal with all the finger splits and etc.. All back to normal within half an hour or so. 

Bright sunny day but still freezing within a degree or so, I'm staying inside to admire it through the windows and give the splits a chance to heal..

As a result of this morning's call on Microsoft Teams, I'm now a member of Myeloma UK's Advocacy Partner Panel (APP), see here for details. Never used Teams before - I downloaded it a few days ago and it worked perfectly first time.

21:30 and my Alexa says it's down to minus 4C outside and going to get colder:










I shall be staying in until it warms up. The finger splits are entirely bad enough already.

I've got the under-desk bike machine out again. Boring but it does get the activity numbers up. Very slowly...















My daily activity target is 400. Made it to 406 just before midnight, so that compensates for no walk.
It also tells me that my "walking equivalency" - which includes all kinds of movement plus basal metabolism was 6.7km (4.2 miles) equivalent to 8005 steps. One may wonder about the reasoning behind these figures, but as long as the thing is consistent from one day to the next - and the "Trends suggest that it is - then I'm happy to take them as "arbitrary" relative numbers rather than absolute values. Here's my Trend graph for Activity > Steps:


























It's a dex night tonight, which is likely to mean a rather early morning, You might think that would make a mess of the Sleep data, but the good thing about this bit of wearable tech is that it doesn't just judge everything against a standardised set of "one size fits all" numbers. It has enough AI to learn your individual patterns and use them as its baselines. It hasn't quite come to terms with my usual bedtime of around 02:00, but it's getting there.

Oh well, another early morning coming, and no test cricket from India to watch. Back to The Big Bang Theory, I suppose. Will it ever get to the end? (Another two and a bit series to go, I think.)

Now -5C outside. That's as cold as we've been for quite a few years. I'll take no chances with these finger splits, especially as I'm on the dex phase of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...