Thursday 11 February 2021

11/02/21 Early diagnosis

Back to myeloma - and not before time, the weary reader might say...

My main interest outside my personal experience of the disease is in early diagnosis and GP education about myeloma. I've seen a figure somewhere that the average GP sees only five myeloma cases in a full career so it's hardly surprising that it's not something on te tops of their minds. This luckily matches the current main concern of the Advocacy Panel..

I made a start by posting on the Myeloma UK Support group on Facebook and got a very gratifying return of support and tales of diagnosis - mostly of long delays and a few good ones for balance and contrast.

You never know what's coming - last night I slept right through from about 02:00 to 08:15 despite the dex. So I got no further through The Big Bang Theory.

Things went slightly off routine after breakfast this morning - I had to make the coffees because Sue was heading out to the dentist - and I forgot to take my breakfast pills from the red (cancer) box. So today's 10mg of dex went in after the evening meal instead. I have no idea how that may affect tonight's sleep. Maybe I'll get through a couple of BBTs after all...









The laughs have helped, now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...