Monday 7 June 2021

07/06/21 Phone consultation

Dr.Ch 'phoned within about half an hour of the scheduled time, which is not bad going. He was very bright and cheerful, obviously enjoying the sunshine. He started telling me about some new German research suggesting that people in my kind of position can have the Lenalidomide reduced to 10mg (minimising side-effects, not that I have much of a problem there) but still keeping the paraproteins down. No change in my regime yet - he wants to study the report more closely etc.

Going back to my surprisingly abortive MRI scan back at the beginning, I talked about my recent discovery of sitting and open MRI scanners - available in several places in London and elsewhere. He agrees that would be worth exploring if I need an MRI at some stage (and if AXA will pay for it...) Probably a better option that deep sedation (some people have been given double diazepam) which might and might not work.

I mentioned the occasional loose diarrhoea-ish mornings that I've had over the last few weeks (and, in fact, this morning). Noted, but no action at this stage. The problem is still overwhelmingly the other way.

He was pleased to hear about the Boules - agrees about the social and "mental health" benefits - and about my increasing involvement with MyelomaUK panels and etc.. Otherwise no change - next cycle goes ahead including Zometa on Thursday.

Next month's consultation will be face-to-face. Doesn't have to be, but I just feel there are things that happen face-to-face that don't over the 'phone, and it's been over a year. Time to do it again.

Finger split update: No splits left, all fully healed and 100% OK - until the temperatures start going down again. I'm sure the warmer weather is far more responsible for the improvement than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...