Saturday 19 June 2021

19/06/21 Tesco delivery, risotto

Another wet day yesterday. I decided against a Furosemide on the grounds that the ankle swellings had gone down substantially, and I had hopes of getting out for an hour of boules at 13:00. The ankles are up again now post-shower, but not too badly. Later today we plan to go out for lunch at about 13:30, which means a delicately balanced diuretic decision after breakfast...

Constant heavy rain prevented boules, and I spent most of the day inside, fiddling around with VoIP telephony and getting the True Call call blocker to work with it. Surprisingly complicated, but I'll get there in the end.

Mid-afternoon brought the Tesco delivery, but it was all wrong. We got a small box of stuff we didn't order, and none of the stuff we did. I don't fully understand what went wrong because I don't handle the orders myself, but there was clearly only one solution - my first solo trip to a big supermarket to do what was effectively a full weekend shop. I haven't done that since early March 2020.

Fully armed with facemask, hand sanitiser, two Pfizer injections, and those COVID antibodies I found a trolley in the rain and joined the queue for admission to the store. It moved quickly and once inside it wasn't too crowded, but I was surprised by several people using visors without facemasks as well. Masks may be close to useless, but visors certainly are 100% useless in that kind of situation.

Shopping done, and somewhat soaked by the rain in the car park, I got home in time for half an hour of online backgammon. Won one, lost one, leaving me still behind for the week. Now that summer is coming (although you wouldn't have believed it from yesterday's weather) we're cutting back to just a regular Wednesday game plus others on an ad hoc basis depending on weather etc. etc..

After dinner, made two batches of butter - one "spreadable" and one "hard" which will be needed for this evening's planned meal, asparagus risotto with poached eggs. Surprisingly few good risotto images online, so this one will have to do:



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...