Friday 18 June 2021

18/06/21 Rain, Furosemide

My plan to visit Thorley Boules Club (near Bishop's Stortford) yesterday was frustrated by heavy rain. At the moment their piste is sand only, and it would be unplayable  when really wet. I'll try again next Thursday. Heavy rain and thunderstorms are forecast for later today, which will probably put a stop to the usual Ongar Friday afternoon "friendly" session. Sunday morning looks a little more hopeful, but not a lot...

Despite missing the "exercise" I'd anticipated, I still hit my activity target. I think trying to fit an oversized lightweight duvet into a standard cover might have something to do with that...

The Furosemide I took yesterday produced large quantities of urine, but visually the ankle oedema is unchanged. I'll take another one after breakfast as I can stay in during the morning and I doubt that I'll be going out for boules after lunch. I probably need to stay on the Furosemide for alternate days - or as close as I can manage - for a week or two before my fluid balance sorts itself out.

I don't know why this problem has re-emerged recently after many months without it. No change in the meds, except going back onto Zometa. Offhand I can't think of a reason why the two should be connected.

Passing mention: Blood Pressure has been good recently - I got 102/70 not long after getting up yesterday morning, which is well within "Ideal blood pressure" according to my chart. 98/61 just now (01:26) - still in the "Ideal" zone but getting close to "Low". Temperature has been at the high end of 36.something, and oxygen  saturation has stayed good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...