Tuesday 15 June 2021

15/06/21 Dentist

Dentist at 09:00 yesterday morning, and my plans worked to perfection. Have taken double senna to nudge back to more "normal" tomorrow. I hope.











I had two fillings to repair - i.e.drill out and replace - which meant two lots of dental anaesthetic. I honestly didn't feel one of them at all, and the other was near-painless. Quite remarkable.

Went home via Brewer's Hoppit in Writtle but the paths are very overgrown and need cutting. Hardly surprising, as everything is growing fast in this weather. So it was a shorter walk then expected.

I left for the dentist before breakfast, so by the time I got back and the  anaesthetic had worn off a bit, it was a very late breakfast.Which meant very late breakfast pills, including five dex tablets. That might make for an interesting night - I usually try to take them as early as possible (within our late morning lifestyle!)

Tomorrow we plan on going to Maldon, partly because Sue wants to check out a nearby pub where she and her friends may go for lunch, and partly because I've discovered that there is a boules/petanque piste operated by the Maldon U3A. I'd like to have a look at it before deciding whether or not to  join up. I've been doing some research and have discovered a few other pistes not too far away - emailing all the clubs/groups to arrange visits. I can't possibly go for all of them, but I do feel some variety of pistes and quality of competition would be good.

Myeloma? It will do what it will. Meantime, I intend to get as much enjoyment out of life as I can. COVID permitting,  of course...

Activity target met again, mainly because of some boules practice in the back garden. I'm experimenting with methods for side-spin. As far as I can tell, only one of them works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...