Wednesday 23 June 2021

23/06/21 (2) Hylands

A much better and warmer day - but the last few colder days have opened up a split in my right thumb and another on my left little finger. Seems crazy to be wearing gloves in mid-June, but if that's what I have to do... I used to be safe down to 10C, but probably because of the skin-thinning powers of dex I'll have to up that threshold to something more like 15.

Went to Hylands Park for lunch (toasted cheese, tomato, and red onion sandwich with a bit of salad and too many tortilla chips which IMHO should only ever be used as a carrier for dips). Then went into the gardens in search of some Wisteria that has been in spectacular bloom this year, but arrived at the site to find we were too late - flowers all gone. Nevertheless, a pleasant walk ending with a couple of ice-creams (a mango Solero for me, and a chocolate one for Sue) to try to get rid of the taste of those tortilla chips.

Since putting myself back on occasional Furosemide I reckon I've lost a good 2kg - all fluid retention. Little obvious ankle swelling as I write (22:08) and the looseness of the You-ID-Me medical bracelet I wear on my right wrist suggests that I've slimmed down a bit there as well.

Bowels still a bit unpredictable after the weekend. Took a Fybogel last night on top of the usual Senna, to moderate effect. Maybe another one tonight, I don't think I'm quite at the Laxido stage yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...