Sunday 27 June 2021

27/06/21 Heybridge Basin

Another hot day, and we set off for Heybridge Basin. We haven't been there for a while - Sue thinks not since Lockdown#1, I think we've been at least once since then. It was a favourite destination in the days of e-bikes, but not so much now it has to be on foot.























There's a new attraction:










Very realistic model animals in this fake African zoo.


We got lunch from a Costa in Maldon and ate it sitting on the sea wall. Sue had a bacon roll and I had a sausage roll - in the sense of a couple of sausages in a  bread roll. No high-fat flaky pastry involved. CMOT Dibbler, with his eternal cry of "Sausage in a bun!" would have been proud of me.

Got home and mowed the back and side grass (Sue did the rest) before the fatigue had a chance to kick in.. Wanted to do it because next forecast is not too good for the afternoon. OK for the morning, which will be occupied by Ongar Boules.

Made Spaghetti Bolognese (British version!) then did the Pill Organisation thing for next week. No Senna last night in the hope of being OK in the morning. Double Senna planned for tonight.

Life goes on. Remission continues, although I know it will end somewhere down the line. Until then, what can I do? I think the answer is just to keep living, keep involved with the world, keep taking the tablets, find enjoyment wherever I can. And that';s what I plan to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...