Sunday 20 June 2021

20/06/21 Horrible day

Cold, grey, drizzly, most unpleasant day. No temptation to go outside at all and after considering various possibilities and rejecting them all, we stayed inside all day. At least I have some justification from my wearable tech ring, which said "If you feel that you're low on energy, take it easy today." Mind you, it says that most days, but yesterday I followed its advice. So stayed in and caught up on some sleep time.

Surprisingly I hit my quite big activity target, probably because of some work in the kitchen. I made Asparagus Risotto with Poached Egg and Herbs. It tasted better than it photographed:












The idea of putting a poached egg on top of a risotto is a good one. I may well try that with some other risotto recipes. 

It was 50/50 as to whether to take a Furosemide yesterday or not. While we were still thinking of going out around lunchtime it seemed best not to, but by the time we decided to stay in it was getting too late. Inspection of my post-shower ankles suggests that I missed a trick. Maybe this morning, if the weather is too bad for the usual Sunday morning boules. Can't risk taking one before going out, even if there are plenty of convenient trees and bushes just a short walk away from the piste....

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...