Wednesday 30 June 2021

30/06/21 Dex and Tower Petanque

Slept well last night, despite the dex. My ring tells me that my "latency" (time taken to fall asleep) was 0mins and 0secs - and warns that may be a sign of various things including not getting enough sleep...

I have a feeling dex may take its revenge tonight (dex night #2). We'll see.

Bowels seem to be in a fairly good state after the Sunday deviation from standard routine. 

Good Boules at Tower last night - I think I play better later in the day. Not many people were there, possibly because of some football game - and we started with a shooting workshop led by the very French Davide. Very useful for me, because it's not the strongest part of my game.  Then played two games and was on the winning side for both. I feel I'm able to hold my own against most of the players there. Have also entered for the Doubles in the Eastern Region competition - will be good experience if nothing else.

As Tower play on into the dark under floodlights, fascinating to see the sparks as one boule hits another, and even sometimes when it pitches onto the gravel. A whole world of physics that you're completely unaware of in daylight. Sometimes you see better in the dark. 

There are several Ians at Tower. So I am now identified as Ian The Hat - never go out without one, even at night. 

On the fatigue front, things have been rather better. Didn't fall asleep during the day or when I got home after Boules. Possibly the dex is responsible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...