Tuesday 29 June 2021

29/06/21 Deep Heat, fatigue

Pleased to say the Deep Heat worked splendidly. Have ordered some more from Up The Jungle as I'm nearly out of it.

A very quiet day today, not least because the effects of 40mg of Furosemide made it impossible to go anywhere, even with my collection of emergency toilet cards. Did the usual few small jobs, fell asleep too much, watched some tennis, played some online backgammon Somehow beat my generous activity target by 8%, maybe because of a bit of exercise with the 2.3kg weights before I had my shower.

The fatigue, if that's the right word, is getting to be a real problem - not least because Sue finds it hard to cope with. I get to the point where I just can't stay awake, and when I wake up from that I just can't find the energy to get going again. I'm assuming that it's mainly a side-effect of the Lenalidomide. It doesn't hit while I'm actually engaged in doing something, which suggests a partial solution, but I get ordinary-tired and I need to take some time out to cope with that, and the fatigue-tired sneaks in...











Will talk to Dr.Ch about this next time (July 5th). One obvious thing would be to cut the Len dose down from my current 15mg to 10 - not sure if it comes smaller than that - or move to alternate days. But that would increase the risk of the beast coming back... Maybe I'll drop him an email a couple of days beforehand to give him a chance to think about alternative approaches.

15mg x 7 days comes to 105g for the three "on" weeks. Moving to 3 x 25mg would be 75mg - not too much of a drop. Might be worth suggesting.

Whatever happened to the days when a GP would prescribe a "tonic" or a couple of weeks vacation at the seaside and some long healthy walks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...