Wednesday 16 June 2021

17/06/21 Sand, oedema's back.

Woke up early again after dex night #2, did a few things about the house, made tuna mayo for lunch then went to the Ongar piste for the regular Wednesday afternoon. Nobody else there - the reason being that there is a match coming up against Epping and the team had an organised practice session arranged for the evening therefore they all missed the afternoon. 










So I had a good long practice and was just about to leave when a couple turned up and we played a few ends of singles before I had to leave for tea (fish, cat, human) in time for backgammon.

Tomorrow evening I plan on going to have a look at a Bishop's Stortford club that has recently moved from a pub (the landlord wanted to use the piste area for more outdoor seating) to a social club where I understand that, for the time being at least, the piste is just sand. That would meet my desire to play on a completely different surface...

Myeloma? Haven't thought much about it today, apart from a couple of Admin issues on the Facebook group, and remembering to take the pills four times a day.

Looking at my feet after getting out of the shower, the ankle oedema is back again probably as bad as ever although the insteps aren't swollen as they were before. That fits with my feeling the need of a long-handled shoehorn (I keep one upstairs and one downstairs) although I'm not at the stage where I can't get a shoe on at all without one.Not planning on doing anything much later today until the evening, so it's time for another Furosemide (diuretic) with the morning pills.

Finger splits, BTW, are now fully cleared up with the warmer weather. However, while grating a giant garlic clove for my pasta sauce yesterday evening, I did manage to remove a 2mm diameter piece of skin from the tip of my right index finger. It bled for a while but has stopped now. The mix of blood thinner (20mg Rivaroxaban taken daily) and slightly reduced platelets seems to leave clotting pretty much as normal as far as I can tell. 

Raining this evening. Might get a thunderstorm or two overnight. We've had a distant lightning flash or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...