Saturday 26 June 2021

26/06/21 One thing and another

Again, little to say on the myeloma front, apart from an admins argument on the Facebook Myeloma UK Support Group about how far we should support fundraising for Myeloma UK (no connection). I'm taking a middle-of-the-road position, but it isn't over yet. Watch out for "The Straight Arm Challenge" - there are hopes that it will go viral like the ice bucket challenge of a few years ago.

Bowels seem to be well on the way back to stability, and the ankle swelling isn't too bad this evening. Ideally I'd take a Furosemide later this morning busy that will be impossible if the weather is decent and we go off somewhere.

Yesterday played Boules with the Rodings U3A - my team was doing not too well until we stole the match with a five-point end. Then home for lunch and back to the piste for some practice with a couple of the Ongar regulars. Followed by the usual fatigue collapse at home...

Fixed - I hope - a long-standing problem with my keyboard where it would go dead for no obvious reason. I eventually tracked it down to a problem with the battery compartment - taking the batteries out, swapping the left and right ones around, and rotating them a few times for better contact usually worked but sometimes not for long. I've got a new k/b (same Logitech model) which is identical apart from a different and tougher-looking spring in the battery compartment. Maybe I wasn't the only one having that problem...

Anyway, installed the new keyboard, mouse, and receiver and everything seems good. Fingers crossed.

Speaking of fingers, the new split on the end of my right thumb is now in the painful throbbing stage.. I blame dex for it.

Just for the sake of a photo, here's my current setup in my study at home, where I'm writing this:











Just the things with screens:

Top row: TV, monitors 3, 1, & 2 for the main PC.

Bottom row: phone, tablet, notebook/laptop, Alexa.

Overkill? Quite possibly. But it makes me happy.

1 comment:

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...