Sunday 13 June 2021

13/06/21 Hanningfield

Another good day, and less humid than recently, so we mounted an expedition to Hanningfield Reservoir (Essex WIldlife Trust, of which we are members) for lunch and a walk through the bordering woods. Lunch was a rather good egg mayo sandwich and a bottle of fresh apple juice. Hanningfield is a regular two or three times a year destination. Always pleasant, although it's not one of the more photogenic reservoirs:











After that I did some rather cautious boules practice on the back lawn before the big doubles match this morning. Cautious, because my back has been bad for a few days. Just the usual kind of muscular strain, I think, which usually clears itself in a few days. I just hope it hasn't been caused by too much boules. I don't want to start completely re-thinking my stance just as I think I've got it right...

If I play as well later as I did in the back garden, the opposition haven't got a hope. Everything was working well - high lobs, spinning both ways, and shots bang on target. But I probably won't. This time I'm trying to arrange half an hour of warm-up time before the match starts. Don't know if that will work out, but I do know that I start playing a lot better after getting some of the rubbish throws out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...