Tuesday 12 October 2021

12/10/21 Proto-rash fading

 A good night last night, according to the various sensors. Nevertheless, I was dog-tired this afternoon after boules at Epping and a quick rush to the O2 shop in Chelmsford to sort out a couple of issues with my Samsung watch. The weather at Hanbury Gardens was warmer than expected and with the USB handwarmer in my right pocket I managed to keep the finger splits at bay.

One of those mini-proto-rashes appeared again  last night on my right wrist, in more or less the same place that I had another one a few weeks ago. This one is fading very quickly:

















That neuropathy attack last week has vanished completely, but a little concerning that the slightest hint of the same foot pain it started with has appeared on the left. Only very very slight, but it's only been on the right before. Well, I'm due at Tower this evening but I hope the weather will be better. Anyway I don't see any reason - other than a vague introspective feeling about not having enough resources to cope with being too wet,windy, and cold because of what I'm constantly devoting in the background to keeping the myeloma suppressed and dealing with the len & dex - to suppose that this neuropathy is myeloma-related.

I've developed a bit of a stiff neck yesterday afternoon and evening - possibly a side-effect of the 'flu vaccine. Both injection sites now very slightly sore, but only very slightly. Have taken some ibuprofen and a good spray of the Universal Panacea (Deep Heat).

While at Epping I heard about a regular player who had both the COVID vaccine and the 'flu one on the same day. In the same arm. He had to miss the boules because of an unpleasant reaction. Hardly surprising!


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...