Tuesday 26 October 2021

26/10/21 Epping, GP appointment, dentist

Quite a decent morning at Epping in surprisingly good weather. My side lost the first match and won the return, then we won the "Best of three ends" decider which seems traditional there. I think the heated gloves are doing a good job of keeping the finger splits at bay, but I did find my grip on the boule was a little slippery and therefore my length was not good, too many boules finishing well short of target. But I had a few good ones as well... But the heated gloves seem to be doing a good job - that split on my right middle finger is healing nicely and no new ones have appeared. But it's a long way from really cold yet, and that will be when they are really tested.

'Phoned the GP surgery in search of an appointment to look at the photos and discuss these mini-rashes. Dr.Ku already suggested vasculitis and I think we need to pursue that further. No appointments - neither by 'phone or in person - available for weeks to come but I'm told to turn up at 08:00 and I will be seen. But possibly not by the right doctor, we'll see about that.

Everything else ticking over nicely as usual. Saw the dentist yesterday afternoon for a pre-Zometa check - he says all OK. He is an amazing dentist - yet again, near the end of the working day, he was spot on time for my appointment. I've never known one nearly as good a time-keeper - usually you expect at least half an hour waiting time. 

So it's Zometa, bloods, and a new pack of meds on Thursday. That'll be the start of Cycle 19 of "consolidation", and week 73 since we started it. And the usual twitchy week or so waiting for the blood test results...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...