Friday 22 October 2021

22/10/21 Heated gloves

The accursed finger splits are a combination of steroid-induced skin thinning (i.e. dex) and low temperatures. I used to look at 10C as the threshold  for gloves etc. outside, nowadays it's more like 14C. Nevertheless, the several splits that started a few weeks ago have now healed and no new ones have started, so I must be doing something right.

The new USB rechargeable heated gloves arrived yesterday and got their first outing at Birchanger boules last night. They don't get very warm even at the third of three settings, but warm enough to to keep the hands and (most importantly the fingertips) feeling OK. Nevertheless, I combined the gloves with the USB handwarmer in my right pocket. The hand felt fine throughout the evening and, better still, I found that I could throw perfectly well with the glove on. 

We played only one doubles game but it was a good and long one ending with my side winning by 13-12 - as close a finish as you can get. 

Not much else tonight.Started the final week of this consolidation cycle with no Lenalidomide and the next lot of blood to be taken on the 28th. So I'm moving towards that nervous twitchy time again, waiting for the results and hoping the paraproteins stay on zero...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...