Saturday 23 October 2021

23/10/21 (2) Sausages, and Vasculitis?

Went to the tea shop in High Roding for coffee and what was meant to be a light lunch, after yet another change of operator - the third in the six or seven years we've been going there. I ordered a sausage baguette but didn't expect three whole large sausages. That's my processed meat allowance for the next couple of weeks gone! That also involved a couple of walks along the High Street which got the activity level up to target for the day.

Something like this, but even more very tasty sausage...










Evening meal changed from the planned hearty autumnal beef casserole to a cheese and egg omelette.

Despite the precautions I've been taking there's a hint of a finger split on right hand middle finger. More precautions needed to stop it developing any further.

The mini-proto-rash has almost faded away - will probably be gone tomorrow. Looking back at the advice from my unofficial adviser and from my GP (that it might be vasculitis [inflammation of blood vessels] and indicative of something nastier going on internally, and that I should take it to A&E if it gets any worse and/or other symptoms develop), I think it's about time to go back to the GP. These little rashes haven't got any worse but they haven't got better either, popping up erratically and not more than one at a time except back at the beginning. Unofficial advice is that we should attempt to determine the cause. If it's confirmed, treatment seems to be either immunosuppressants (which I don't exactly need) or corticosteroids, which might mean increasing my dex dose. Not looking forward to the prospect very much.

So on Monday I'll be on the 'phone to the  GP surgery in search of a face-to-face appointment with Dr.Ku in the near future. Last time we spoke he said I should just tell reception that I'm a cancer patient and they'll suddenly turn co-operaative. We'll see, but the first trick will be to get them to answer the 'phone...

My Oura Ring tells me that my Heart Rate Variability (HRV) balance is optimal, which must be a Good Thing. I won't go any further than that, it's a bit complicated.


UPDATE 24/10/21: a member of Myeloma Support UK has identified these haematomas as a side-effect of Revlimid/Lenalidomide. If so, you might think that your haematologist would not be baffled by them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...