Monday 25 October 2021

25/10/21 Bad boules, skin biopsy

Got to Ongar a bit early yesterday  and did some practice - really good. And then I got into a doubles and it fell apart. My side lost by a dismal 0-13. We had a return game and that was a bit better at 5-13 but it had little to do with me. I don't know whether it was using the heated gloves or just near-terminal incompetence, but it's not the first time I've found that a good practice is followed by a couple of poor games. Yesterday I just couldn't find the right lines on territory that I now know pretty well. Epping later this morning, where I'm gradually building quite a good reputation.

As for myeloma, I'm (unofficially) advised that these mini-proto-rashes are unlikely to be dex / skin-thinning related for several reasons including that those tend to take 10 - 14 + days to resolve whereas mine go through the full cycle in just 3 or 4. So that pushes it back to a side-effect of the Lenalidomide. As  I've said before, trivial if these small skin lesions are all that's involved, but if it is vasculitis there may be nastier blood vessel inflammation going on internally and invisibly. Will try to get GP to organise skin scrapings or some other biopsy and immunological tests to try  to determine the cause. I don't expect that will be quick under current circumstances, and there's likely to be a problem timing a biopsy with the first day or two of a new one appearing, which is entirely unpredictable. With luck the practice nurses will be able to do the job at short notice, or maybe they can provide me with the stuff for a DIY job. But probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...