Sunday 31 October 2021

30/10/21 (2) EarPAP, rain, butternut squash

After a couple of posts about the sleepiness getting better - yesterday it didn't. I got up quite late after a longer than usual night between 4 and 5 hours depending on which sensor you believe most, I had breakfast, made coffee, and sat down in my chair in the sitting room at something like 10:30. Next thing I knew it was 13:30 and Sue had gone out for a hair appointment... OTOH, no more "naps" later.

EarPAP result from last night was a bit more believable. I suppose the thing has to calibrate itself for me:
















I find 74% rather more believable than 100%!

Weather forecast for later is close to 100% rain for when I should be playing Boules at Ongar. I have a feeling it will be too wet to go.

Did a Slimmer's World recipe for stuffed butternut squash which apparently I last cooked (and approved of) back in 2015. Vast amounts of vegetable chopping required. I increased all coking times by at least 50% and added a few glugs of olive oil here and there instead of the ridiculous spray oil which I've completely given up. Either you just don't get enough to do the job without dozens of squirts- might as well just be careful with a conventional bottle, or the nozzle gets blocked up. What I wonder most of all is whether the people who write these recipes ever test them in a domestic kitchen. I started work on it at about 16:00 and just had it ready for Strictly Come Dancing at 09:10 - way beyond the quoted cooking time.

Brief cricket comment: By the time I checked the score it was all over - England sweeping Australia aside by eight wickets in 11.4 overs. Jos Buttler showed - not for the first time - that when the mood is on him he's by some distance the best short-form batsman in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...