Saturday 16 October 2021

16/10/21 Apnea letter

After my complaint in the last post about delay in getting the sleep apnea diagnosis letter, it turned up in yesterday's post. I note that it says Clinic Date 24/09/21 and Date typed 08/10/21. And at the end: "dictated but not signed to avoid delay". If two weeks isn't a delay I don't know what would be!

There were a few errors of fact, mainly about my meds - not too surprising as I gave most of the info off the top of my head over the 'phone. I've emailed Dr.Ha with the necessary corrections and additions. Otherwise nothing much new. I'm not going to get a CPAP machine until late December.  That delay is blamed on COVID, which seems a little doubtful to me.  There's also a lot about parasomnia - another medical teem to get my head around - but I don't have any signs of that.

What I will trry to do - for my own interest if nothing else - is to use SnoreLab and the continuous O2 sensor when I'm likely to fall asleep during the day. They should be enough to tell if I'm getting apnea episodes then as well as overnight.

2 comments:

  1. My sleep therapist insists that I use my CPAP if I take a nap during the day. This is all due to the continuity of the treatment. OTOH, she also suggests I try to avoid daytime naps as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously a good idea but equally obviously rather impractical if the machine is upstairs in the bedroom and I'm falling asleep downstairs. I'll find out what my respiratory man says about it in due NHS course. But your point raises an interesting question - how far is CPAP a "treatment" i.e. therapy moving towards a cure, and how far is it "just" a way of dealing with the symptoms?

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...