Wednesday 1 December 2021

01/12/21 Ongar, positive COVID test (not mine!)

Took my car into the local garage yesterday morning for minor bodywork repairs and a check-up underneath after a few bad pothole incidents and my attempt at kerb-climbing. Then (in Sue's car) we went to Ongar for a walk, some lunch, and a bit of shopping. The walk got me to very nearly double my Activity Target, so that goes a little way to making up for the last couple of lazy days.

We got rid of the bottles of Camp Coffee by leaving them in the "food bank" at the entrance to the church - a fine old one with some parts dating back to the 11th  century:












Hope someone enjoys the "coffee".

All that walking up and down Ongar High Street plus a couple of diversions left me thoroughly exhausted when we got home - spent too much time asleep again, both before dinner and after. As usual of course, now we'/re into the small hours, I'm feeling more awake than I have done all day. The curse of my life - I really should have picked a career where working hours fitted me better.


And now for the bad news. Sue went to a wind band gathering last Sunday, The organisers took all reasonable precautions about Lateral Flow tests beforehand and etc. . However, one of the attendees has since tested positive, and Sue was sitting not all that far away from him at the lunch interval. We await developments with some trepidation (on my part at least). He will be doing a PCR test, and Sue will be doing LFTs daily. I will be doing my best - insofar as it is possible while living in the same house - to keep well out of her way and to keep my distance. I don't want to, but I have to regard her as a potential source of infection for a week or so. Of course I have my good result from the antibody test a week or two ago to rely on - it suggests that I have enough antibodies to fight off a modest infection - but nobody really knows how long those antibodies hang around in the bloodstream ready to go. So it's going to be a nervous week or so with daily LFTs for both of us, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...