Wednesday 22 December 2021

22/121/21 Superdrug

Our electrician arrived earlier than expected, saso I decided to use the rest of the daylight to make the trip to Southend to dispose of all those empty blister packs at Superdrug. It was in fact probably the longest drive I've done since all this myeloma and COVID business began - over an hour on the way out (mainly because of congestion getting through Chelmsford) and almost an hour on the way back. And the driving conditions weren't great - grey and damp with slightly limited visibility, and I felt pretty tired when I got home, although not in falling asleep kind of way. I think that's established a benchmark for how much driving I can take in a day now. Two hours is the limit without an good long break. 

Advance planning worked and I got into a car park just a few minutes walk away from the Superdrug store. It would have been better still if I hadn't had to drive around two or three times before locating the entrance before I passed it, but I'll know better next time. Nio trouble At all in the sore - the pharmacy accepted the blister packs without any difficulty. It's just a pity the Chelmsford one won'tdo the same thing.










Not the Southend store, but it looks much the same.

RUDY bloods to be done this afternoon, which I may combine with some late Christmas shopping. Otherwise things are ticking over as usual. There's been a bit of admin to do on the facebook myeloma UK support group with people complaining about one thing and another. No big rows, but not always easy to find the best way through different opinions to leave everybody reasonably happy and nobody feeling their views have been ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...