Thursday 9 December 2021

09/12/21 B12, fatigue, hand cream

Brighter and a little warmer yesterday, but still not very pleasant out. Went to the doctors in the morning for my twelve-weekly B 12 injection. No reaction, as usual. The nurse hinted that they may be moving towards DIY B12 shots before long - no problem to me as I did my own two or three times during the first lockdown. I have no fear of self-injection now,after that and the GCSF injections into the stomach before stem cell harvesting.

Picked up a sandwich for lunch from M&S, got home,  had the lunch (half of the pack of chicken & bacon, a few nuts, and a clementine) and of course fell asleep. Stamina is not good these days, fatigue is always there waiting to strike. The thing is to keep going once I've started to be active, don't give it a chance.

Stayed in the rest of the day apart from a couple of unavoidable trips to the garage etc.. As a result, only hit about 75% of my rather larger than usual activity target.

I tried changing the batteries in the Freeview recorder's remote control in the hope that  it might miraculously come back to life and behave properly. No luck. There's a new one coming from Amazon later today or tomorrow.

Well, we're into COVID Plan B and the government is going into probably an unnecessary panic over Omicron.  It's not going to make  a huge difference to me on a personal level but as always I fear for the economy. And I'm glad we both had Pfizer for all three vaccinations so far.

Finger splits and etc. still bad on my right hand and not very good on my left. The precautions I've been taking haven't been good enough to keep them away altogether.I can't think what would, except lots more hand cream and wearing gloves all the time, inside or out. Maybe I should look for some that work with touchscreens. In the meantime, cotton gloves and plenty of O'Keefe's Working Hands tonight. Or maybe something else, I have plenty to choose from.





No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...