Tuesday 7 December 2021

07/12/21 November bloods

November blood test results came through yesterday - all good. Paraproteins still at zero, all three free light chain numbers in normal range, kidney & liver functions all OK. And the new Haemoglobin A1c test (which gives a picture of blood glucose over three months or so rather than instantaneously like any finger-prick BSL test) puts me comfortably within the OK zone - so no question of the dex raising blood sugar to potentially diabetic levels.

Just as the finger split on my right thumb is starting to heal nicely, I've got a new one coming on side of right middle finger...

Possibly a new micro-rash near the base of my left thumbnail. Only 1 or 2mm across and hardly enough to impress a dermatologist, if and when I ever get to see one.

I pulled out of boules at Epping partly because of the weather forecast (cold, wet) and partly because I felt I needed a day to recover from Wethersfield. I just don't have the resources and the stamina to shrug something like that off without giving myself time to get back to square one. Too much goes into keeping the myeloma at bay, and I don't intend to give it a chance to come back. That's not very scientifically defensible, but it's my body and I know what it's telling me. Or I think I do.

Anyway, another day at home. Spent some of the morning replacing the timer-operated LED lamp in the side passage - a trickier job than it might sound and particularly annoying as the last one lasted only a few months. Getting cold fingers doing that is probably what's set off that new finger split, even though I was as careful as possible to keep my hands from getting too cold. But there are some things you just can't do with gloves on.

It seems that a red ribbon is a recognised symbol for myeloma. Well, I've had it for over two years and I didn't know, but...





No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...