Sunday 5 December 2021

05/12/21 Lagevrio aka Molnupiravir

When I started this blog my intention was to write an update every one or two days and a little over two years later I've stuck to that pretty well. I haven't missed many days, although sometimes it's been a struggle to come up with something. Today there's nothing I haven't written about before (probably too many times) except something from the Telegraph, even if it is primarily about covid but the myeloma relevance is there:

"The first at-home treatment for Covid is to be offered to patients by Christmas as ministers roll out the antiviral pill to help protect the most vulnerable from the omicron variant.

Sajid Javid, the Health Secretary, is preparing to announce the start of a national pilot of Lagevrio, also known as Molnupiravir – the "game-changing" pill that Britain became the first country to license last month.

Under the plans, the NHS is expected to deliver courses of the tablet to clinically vulnerable and immunosuppressed patients within as little as 48 hours of them testing positive for Covid."

Good news indeed. That gets us halfway towards my criterion of two effective treatments before I think about returning to live music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...