Wednesday 15 December 2021

15/12/21 Garage door, right thigh

 A pleasantly warm evening so went to Tower as planned. Also recovered the magnet that I dropped in the car park last time. Somebody picked it up and assumed it must have been mine. 

Before going out I had to do the bins and that involves sorting out the last fortnight's collection of cardboard (thanks, Amazon et al) ready tpu out alongside the green recycling bin. On opening one of the up-and-over garage doors from the inside to take the cardboard out, the latch mechanism on the door broke. That's at least the second time it's happened. The problem is that it includes quite a strong spring which, once liberated, can fire the actual latch piece quite some distance. It can land anywhere in the garage or even outside if it happens to bounce off something just right. I found the spring quickly enough but couldn't find the latch anywhere. Had to get a coupleof torches and enlist Sue's help - needless to say she found it in a couple of minutes. Maybe I should paint it bright yellow or something to make it easier to see.

Yesterday morning we went to Ongar for a walk,  coffee, ans a bit of shopping. On the way down the High Street I had a nast twinge at the outside top of my right hip. Nothing too unusual in that, but when we got home my "trapped nerve" in my right thigh was as bad as it's been for a long time, and I had a couple more twinges in the same spot. That's the first time in all the years I've had that problem that I've been able to link it with something else with 95% certainty. Anyway, made butter (both hard and spreadable) and that filled the afternoon.

Woke up this morning feeling distinctly not quite right. What I used to think of as "viral". Temperature is OK and I'v done aanothe Lateral Flow Test - negative as usual. Feeling a bit better already so I think it's just a matter of giving it a bit of time and not doing too much

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...