Saturday 25 December 2021

25/12/21 Christmas

 00:34 on Christmas morning, and the temperature outside is 8C. No chanced of snow.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my  readers. And I think there is good reason to expect 2022 to be an improvement on 2021, unless COVID manages to come up with some even nastier variants...











A phone call yesterday morning told us that the Braintree & Bocking Gardens Cafe was closed, so we went to Oaklands instead for coffees and once around the park. Just enough to get me past my large activity target for the day.

The left arm is a bit bad today - sore and slightly limited movement from the shoulder down to the elbow. It is of course the one where I broke the shoulder a few years ago, Also finding the stairs a bit difficult again on the way up. Not yet intending to put a stairlift in (we had one before for a few years after the Achilles tendon operation on my right ankle), but the possibility is appearing again. Both those things were, of course, before my myeloma or even my MGUS appeared. Not sure what I did to set the left arm off, unless it was bringing a bag of salt for the water softener in from the garage. I've applied a large dose of Universal Panacea and hope it'll be better in the morning. If not, cooking the Christmas lunch is likely to be a bit of a problem. Although not as bad as it would be with my right arm out of action. If needed - which I think it may be - I'll try my massage gun on the arm later.

Reflecting on this Christmas and the disastrous Christmas 2020, we've come a long way thanks to the vaccinataions.ut we're still a good way short of being out of the wood. On a purely personal level, I'm in very much the same place with my Myeloma, the only big difference is that I'm now triple-vaccinated. In terms of shielding etc. I'm perhaps a bit more willing to go to restaurants etc., but still take all the precautions. Myeloma-wise, things haven't got significantly better (except for another twelve months of zero paraproteins etc.) but they haven't got any worse either. And for a remission/relapse terminal cancer, I can't complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...