Sunday 12 December 2021

12/12/21 Birchanger breakfast

Yesterday was the Birchanger Petanque Christmas Breakfast (actually more of a brunch, as it started at mid-day). Possibly something of a risk but nwe booked it weeks ago before Omicron arrived, it's a big room at the Sports and Social Club and well ventilated, and the seating was reasonably well-distanced.:













I'm the one with the white beard and the black-rimmed glasses on the left facing the camera, and I'll be treating myself to a Lateral Flow Test every day for a while just in case.

It was a risk to go but sometimes you have to balance one risk against another and calculate the possible cost against the benefit to social life and wider health. There's no easy answer but fingers are crossed for both of us.










It wasn't actually quite that "full" - only one egg and one sausage, but you get the general idea. Unfortunately no black pudding which is an essential ingredient IMO but we did get a fried slice, a hash brown, and mushrooms. IKt was fascinating watching the very French Herv sitting nearly opposite me shovelling the baked beans down with great enjoyment. Not very Gallic of him!

Nothing new about my myeloma this time. The finger splits are gradually healing and the only micro-rashes appearing are tiny ones on left fingers.   The scratch or whatever it is I reported last time isn't starting to heal yet.

The weather forecast for later this morning is much better than recently so I'm planning to go to Ongar  and to Epping on Monday. The USB hand warmers are on charge overnight. I've barely played for two or three weeks apart from that match at Wethersfield, so looking forward to getting out again.    

A small thing in the wider context but itv makes life a lot better. Not much more than a year ago my broadband speed was just 6 or 7 mbps. Then BT gave us Fibre to the Cabinet which took me up to 30mbps on a good day. Now we have Gigaclear Fibre to the Premises at a nominal 400mbps. A speed test a little while ago gave me Ping 4ms, download 251mbps and upload 245mbps, which is pretty typical . I haven't yet figured out why d/l is usually a bit faster than u/l - I's rather have it the other way round -                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...