Wednesday, 29 December 2021

29/12/21 Cable chaos

Yesterday was yet another grey, wet, miserable day and yet again I didn't get out, although I still got to 75% of my quite high activity target. Must get out tomorrow one way or another. Otherwise things roll along as usual with a bit of work on the facebook myeloma group and much relief from the Laxido.  You don't really want to hear about that. But I didn't feel the need for the usual nightly Senna last night.

I keep taking the pills, hoping that they will continue to keep the myeloma at bay even though I know it won't last forever. One day, the beast will be back.

I was searching for an image for this post and then I took a long hard look at the #2 desk in my study, which currently offers a home to (almost) all of my rechargeable devices. It's a chaos of cables and I really must do something to sort them out, but what?

Here it is, with smartwatch, Oura ring, anti-snoring thing, continuous O2 sensor, USB handwarmers, fibre router (nominal 400 mbps but usually better), 24-hour blood pressure monitor, and my Surface computer. Etc...













Before myeloma, all I had was a smart watch...But back then I had a very cavalier attitude to health data, apart from keeping an eye on blood pressure and glucose. My attitude has turned around completely and I'm now a sucker for just about any kind of wearable health and fitness tech.  The more I know about how my body is dealing with the myeloma day to day, the happier I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...