Wednesday 29 December 2021

29/12/21 Cable chaos

Yesterday was yet another grey, wet, miserable day and yet again I didn't get out, although I still got to 75% of my quite high activity target. Must get out tomorrow one way or another. Otherwise things roll along as usual with a bit of work on the facebook myeloma group and much relief from the Laxido.  You don't really want to hear about that. But I didn't feel the need for the usual nightly Senna last night.

I keep taking the pills, hoping that they will continue to keep the myeloma at bay even though I know it won't last forever. One day, the beast will be back.

I was searching for an image for this post and then I took a long hard look at the #2 desk in my study, which currently offers a home to (almost) all of my rechargeable devices. It's a chaos of cables and I really must do something to sort them out, but what?

Here it is, with smartwatch, Oura ring, anti-snoring thing, continuous O2 sensor, USB handwarmers, fibre router (nominal 400 mbps but usually better), 24-hour blood pressure monitor, and my Surface computer. Etc...













Before myeloma, all I had was a smart watch...But back then I had a very cavalier attitude to health data, apart from keeping an eye on blood pressure and glucose. My attitude has turned around completely and I'm now a sucker for just about any kind of wearable health and fitness tech.  The more I know about how my body is dealing with the myeloma day to day, the happier I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...