Wednesday 29 December 2021

29/12/21 (2) Braintree & Bocking

Possibly the greyest and murkiest day yet, although a lot warmer and the sun did even break through for a while in the afternoon, which does wonders for the spirit. We went  to the Braintree & Bocking Public Gardens for a walk and a light lunch:












and this is me in the garden dedicated to the memory of John Ray, father of English botany, who was born in the village of Black Notley just a few miles away:












I seem to be in the middle of one of my occasional patches of bad balance. Well, let's not exaggerate, slightly worse than usual.They normally last for just two or three days so I expect an improvement tomorrow. If not I shall have to report to the team at Springfield.

The potent effects of the Fybogel & Laxido combination are still hanging on a bit - I should have gone for the Laxido a day earlier. One lives and learns...

I took a Furosemide (diuretic) after lunch, washed down along with the rest of my lunchtime pills by the last of my cappuccino. Usually I reckon it takes two hours for the effects to kick in - plenty of time to get home first - but this time it was not much over half an hour. Psychological, perhaps = the mere fact of being away from home?. Whatever the truth of that may be, the post-shower ankle oedema is visibly reduced this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...