Tuesday 21 December 2021

21/12/21 No more Zometa!

To save typing it all over again, I've copied this from a post to the facebook myeloma support group. This isn't something I do often!:

Back home from my GP surgery after collecting a prescription and talking to reception about the 4th vaccination, which for me is due on Jan 10th assuming a three-month delay after P3. They can't book a date yet, advise waiting to be contacted and to get back to them if I haven't heard anything by Jan 10th. Well, I shan't wait quite that long! Alternatively I could go to a walk-in or book somewhere else online. Basically, in other words, they don't have an operational system and it's just as chaotic as the third vaccine rollout was - and for all I know, still is.

Also had a 'phone consultation with my haematologist - by 'phone at my request because the last two have been face-to-face and it reduces COVID exposure to stay at home on the 'phone. I have to go into the hospital anyway on Thursday for the next bloods to be taken and to collect meds - and at last, no more Zometa! I've done my two years and twenty-four drips. Have cancelled regular twelve-weekly bisphosphonate dental checks as well.
All blood numbers from the last tests are good, so continuing in "complete immunological remission" consolidated by Len & Dex as usual. The news couldn't be much better, all things considered.

Finally made it out of the house for a decent walk around the local triangle, so activity target well met for yesterday.


























Yesterday's post included another blood test pack from RUDY (the Rare Diseases study people), and I've booked that in for Wednesday at 1350 - last appointment available before Christmas and end-of-week, which the RUDY people don't like because of the chance of the samples being stuck in the post over the weekend.

Later today I have our electrician coming at some point "mid-day" to look at a problem with the kitchen lights.With luck I'll have time to get to Southend Superdrug after he's finished to dispose of those empty blister packs. Won't be able to do it Wednesday with that blood appointment in the afternoon, so that pushes it on to Thursday after my meds & bloods (but no Zometa!) appointment at Springfield late morning. I'm determined to get this done one way or another - I haven't been collecting all those blister packs just for them to end up in landfill along with the rest of the non-recycling waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...