Sunday 19 December 2021

19/12/21 Dyson, molnupravir, Wuhan

Another quiet day at home, apart from cleaning out the jammed brush bar on the Dyson    For some strange reason JD' s  designers put the foot-operated on/off switch on the right side of the body, which is exactly the wrong place for right-handed right-footed users. That's been annoying me for years!









My Oura ring set me a very high activity target for yesterday,which rather destroyed my motivation for reaching it. I got about two-thirds of the way and I'm happy enough about that.

Someone reported on one of the facebook myeloma groups that she had received a five-day course of  molnupiravir delivered to her home by courier by courier. So she must have had a positive PCR and a definite COVID diagnosis.  It's one of the two antiviral drugs we now have for high-risk people(such as me!) and makes the prospect of catching COVID rather less unpleasant - not that I intend to relax my precautions in the slightest just yet. But I'm starting to hope that a return to live music may be not be all that many months  away. Unless, of course, some evil new variants pop up in the meantime.

Interesting to see that the majority of scientific opinion seems to be swinging behind the belief that the pandemic originated with an escape from the virology institute in Wuhan. If that can ever be established, China may be on the wrong end of perhaps the biggest compensation claims the world has ever seen. Lots of lawyers will get rich, and there won't be any results for decades. But China's position as a world superpower will be profoundly damaged...




No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...