Sunday 4 July 2021

04/07/21 Pond, football

I had a quiet morning but then in the afternoon decided on  a long overdue clearing of the weed overgrowth in the big pond:










With Sue's help we  got four barrow-loads this size out.They may not look like much but when they're saturated with water they're heavy...

Here's the much clearer  result:










and here's me hard at work:




I don't know what the big grass carp feels about us removing most of his cover. But there's plenty more under the lilies,so I expect he'll cope.

Dragging that stuff out of the pond is hard work, and I've liberally treated my hips and low back with Deep Heat in the hope of being in good shape for the Doubles match at Ongar Petanque later this morning - if the weather allows. Brian and I badly need a win, but the opposition will be tough...

Interesting thing is that I didn't fall asleep once after all that work. Watched most of the football quarter-final,and even stayed awake through that (I'm no football fan). Could it be that Week 4 without Lenalidomide is helping me to stay awake and fight the fatigue? Seems like a possibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...