Wednesday 28 July 2021

28/07/21 Constipation management again, and grass carp

Hard to believe that we're already nearly into the third month of this rather strange summer....

The constipation management plan worked again - no problems during the evening session at Tower Petanque. I played really badly at first but got it together later on and played some good boules winning a couple of ends, and I was on the winning team in both the matches I played. So not too bad overall. Nothing more until possibly a friendly session at Ongar this afternoon, so I took double senna late last night.












I really hate this need to constantly manage the bowels, but it has to be done. Otherwise it would be the glycerine suppositories again, and I really don't want to reach that point another time,although I'm prepared for it.

Some activity on the facebook myeloma group has led me to re-think my decisions about transplant, COVID, and consolidation treatment, and it has confirmed my decision to defer transplant for as long as possible, if ever. I don't want to go through transplant and a year of recovery unless it's an absolute last resort, and I don't see that coming. I hope...

I've been trying - without success so far - to get some video of the sparks generated by boules, which are only visible when it gets dark - and Tower Petanque has  floodlights which allow play to go on long enough. Instead of  that, I have some video of the big grass carp in our big pond. He's put on a lot of weight since we moved him there, and he's doing a great job of keeping the blanket weed under control.






I've asked Sue to forward this video to the twins who visited recently and were fascinated by our ponds. Thy didn't get to see the big grass carp, so they should enjoy this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...