Friday 9 July 2021

09/07/21 Springfield, soap

 A much better experience at Springfield Oncology Centre than last time, when they all seemed a bit overwhelmed and not coping very well. Yesterday was much quieter and back to the normal standards of calm efficiency. And my nurse Jo got the canula in right at the first attempt rather than a couple of them taking four attempts last time.










Went to the car wash and for a short walk in Tower Gardens on the way home - enough to get my activity target comfortably met. I was hoping it would stay dry for some boules practice on the back lawn, but the rain started as soon as I got back. 

Today's Amazon delivery - and we're not far off one a day - was some more African Black Moisturising Soap. I was advised to find something like it for dry thin cracky steroid skin by one of the cancer nurses back at the beginning, and I've become curiously addicted to this stuff:












That's it for tonight. If the weather stays dry, which it probably should, boules with the Rodings U3A later. That's a very friendly non-competitive game with good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...