Sunday 18 July 2021

18/03/21 Not a lot

Not a lot going on again (hence no post yesterday). I've acquired a portable ECG monitor (and one for Sue as well, she has two stents in posterior coronary arteries). It's not because I have a cardiac problem, more that I'd like to be  ahead of the curve if something does start to develop - much the same approach I take to occasional blood sugar measurements. Anyway, all readings so far have been "normal". The monitor links to an app on my phone, which worked perfectly first time. I've just installed the PC app, which is refusing to connect.  I'll try it again after the overnight restart, but I don't think it will give much advantage over the phone so I'm not much bothered.

Constipation management is going to be a problem over the next few days. Later this morning I have boules at Ongar (and a long-delayed Doubles League match, assuming everybody else turns up). Monday morning I'm due for a visit to the Epping Club at Hanbury Gardens, and Tuesday morning will be an early one as well because our weekly cleaner visit has had to be moved earlier than usual. It feels a bit of a luxury for two retired people, but the full household cleaning routine is now too much for us except occasionally, just as we need to bring in help with the garden (and have done since way before myeloma days). So I have to arrange things with "free" mornings over three days. No senna for two nights, and a big hit of that plus Fybogel and Laxido on Tuesday evening, I think. With luck that should get me back to normal by next Sunday...  It feels strange to be deliberately planning a few days of constipation (mornings at least) when I've spent most of the last eighteen months trying to avoid it. Well, I have glycerine suppositories in stock should it come to that. I hope it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...