Monday 12 July 2021

12/07/21 Self-obs

Just done blood pressure: 117/74 which is "ideal" according to my chart. Pulse 74, also OK. Temperature 36.6, oxygen saturation 96%.

Good to know I'm still alive... Probably about time I did another blood sugar but I think that's downstairs.

Found the blood sugar test kit! Not where it should have been. At 21:55, well over two hours since last eating. But I have had two or three hundred ml of the supposedly sugar-free orange squash it's my habit to drink during online backgammon. I did a test and it came out at 12.5 where my chart says it should be under 7.8 - I'll try again first thing in the morning as I'm not inclined to take that result too seriously. I suppose one must distinguish between added sugar and natural sugars plus anything in the drink that can be metabolised into glucose...

I've checked the bottle. It says "no added sugar" not sugar-free. Beware of easy assumptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...