Monday 5 July 2021

05/07/21 Mushrooms, more sleepiness

The forecast continuous rain didn't appear, and all we had at Ongar were a few showers, not enough to disrupt play. Our scheduled opponents for the Doubles turned up this time, but my partner Brian didn't. Involved with something to do with Epping Rotary Club, I gather. So I played a couple of friendlies instead, and pleased that my side won both of them - although more credit to others than to me. Still having trouble with my high lobs, but I think I've found the problem in my grip. Too much thumb.

The natural historian in me can't resist posting this picture:










Mushrooms next to the Ongar piste.In early July,which is supposed to be high summer. Not autumn, the proper fungal season. It may be climate change,it may be something else. But it's not right.

Later today, a bisphosphonate dental check followed  by the first in-person consultation with Dr.Ch at Springfield for well over a year. After that, maybe a walk in the park and a bite of lunch, or something along those lines depending on the weather. Next dental appointment in eight weeks,which works out as Monday August 30th which is a Bank Holiday.so going for Tuesday 31st instead.

Yesterday I got back from boules and lunch and promptly fell asleep for about an hour and a half. Then woke up, made tea, spent half an hour on my high lobs and shooting on the back lawn, made dinner, and fell asleep again. Didn't even make it upstairs to my study until after 23:00. So any idea that a few days off Lenalidomide might help must take a back seat for now.

3 comments:

  1. I think your next dental appointment is actually on Monday 30 August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted, MGFR! I remembered the 3 but forgot the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Doc's Dental and I an feeling quite better now but yeah sleepless nights are a part of this treatment.

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...