Tuesday 20 July 2021

19/07/21 (2) A bit of Myeloma, and Hanbury Gardens

Warning - very little myeloma content here! We have a change of plan tomorrow (Tuesday) morning meaning I can get the senna routine back on track a day earlier than I expected. Something of a relief, as they say. The ankle oedema is quite marked again - tomorrow will be a good day for a diuretic as I don't have to be out of the house until the evening. And as for those infernal finger splits, I haven't seen a sign of one for a couple of weeks. Another little victory in the never-ending war.

Finally made it to Epping Petanque at Hanbury Gardens near Waltham Abbey, a place which has hosted international championships recently.


My doubles game in progress on the separate piste. Epping have some deadly older ladies! The man in the green shirt is the Chairman, and also a rather good shooter:















A different angle on the surroundings:
















There's a high wall on two sides of the separate piste, giving some much-needed shade on a blistering hot day. And three nicely placed boules. I think one of them was mine.















From the single separate piste where I played, showing the very pleasant surroundings:















Kitchen for hot drinks and etc.
















The Club House and part of the big central piste:















This huge piste has room for a dozen or more lanes - but has no shade at all!









Epping Petanque also have a piste on the edge of Epping, which I hear is rather sandy. They haven't been using it recently because it's too small for many people and COVID restrictions made it impractical. I shall find a way to go and have a look at it sometime soon. The other problem is that their regular date is on Saturday afternoons, and I have sworn that I will keep Saturdays free for other things. Unless, of course, Sue is doing something on a Saturday, which would leave me with a perfect excuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...